Accueil     NEWS     Livre d'or     Contact     Liens     Photos     Rechercher     DATES  
SwingJO Index du Forum SwingJO
Jo Privat, l'accordéon swing et la valse musette

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres     S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
Swingjo faire un don 

question about la musique/reeds

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    SwingJO Index du Forum -> Théorie et technique de l'instrument
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bestillmybeating
Membre actif

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 19, 2016 11:52 am    Sujet du message: question about la musique/reeds Répondre en citant

Dear all,
I noticed that french accordions usually have nailed reeds which are nailed on cork (the fresh word is liege, right), sometimes nailed on leather (fresh word is cuir).
Is it important for the fresh sound? I am asking this question because I just bought a vedette 10 de Cavagnolo, this is my dream instrument. I then noticed that zit is tuned to 405 Hz which was kind of unexpected but should be fine when I play with other musicians which can tune their instruments violine guitar etc.
The other thing I noticed is that the reeds are nailed to leather and I wanted to be them nailed to cork, so I took the instrument to cavagnolo Germany and they told me it cannot be nailed back to cork because the wood does not tolerate new openings for the nails, so he will put them on WAX (the fresh word is fire).
Dear All please tell me your thoughts about that, because I am in a fear that my instrument does not sound fresh anymore after he put the reeds on WAX.
Please let me know what you think and recommend.

Thank you so much

Christian
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
bestillmybeating
Membre actif

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 19, 2016 11:57 am    Sujet du message: question about la musique/reeds Répondre en citant

Dear all,
I repost the mail since my correction program automatically changed "French" to fresh, so here the corrected version:

I noticed that french accordions usually have nailed reeds which are nailed on cork (the FRENSH word is liege, right?), sometimes nailed on leather (Frensh word is cuir).
Is it important for the Frensh sound? I am asking this question because I just bought a vedette 10 de Cavagnolo, this is my dream instrument. I then noticed that it is tuned to 405 Hz which was kind of unexpected but should be fine when I play with other musicians which can tune their instruments violine guitar etc.
The other thing I noticed is that the reeds are nailed to leather and I wanted to be them nailed to cork, so I took the instrument to cavagnolo Germany and they told me it cannot be nailed back to cork because the wood does not tolerate new openings for the nails, so he will put them on WAX (the Frensh word is CIRE).
Dear All please tell me your thoughts about that, because I am in a fear that my instrument does not sound fresh anymore after he put the reeds on WAX.
Please let me know what you think and recommend.

Thank you so much

Christian
Nick
Membre actif

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 20, 2016 3:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Normaly you have a classic french sound with a cavagnolo vedette 10.

From my point of vew, the most important point is the tune of the second flute of your accordion.

Its not necessery to change the fixation of the reeds.

May be vedette 10 owners can better answer you.

Musically.
bestillmybeating
Membre actif

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 20, 2016 4:24 pm    Sujet du message: question about la musique/reeds Répondre en citant

Dear Nick,

I would like to have a americain tuning with very low tremolo about 1,5 Hz.
Unfortunately, Cavagnolo told me one needs to remove the nails and put everything on wax. Does anybody know if this influeces the sound?
I do not want to loose the nice frensh sound.

Thank you so much

Christian
bestillmybeating
Membre actif

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 21, 2016 1:08 pm    Sujet du message: question about la musique/reeds Répondre en citant

Can anybody help?
Do you think it changes the sound if one has to chage from nails (clues) and cork (liege) to wax (cire) on a cavagnolo vedette 10?
Somehow it is not possible to leave the nails.

Thank you so much

Christian
Mario Bruneau
Membre actif

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 14, 2019 12:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Christian,

Never change the nails fixation to wax fixation on a Vedette 10 Cavagnolo or ANY FRENCH ACCORDION.

You will loose the real French musette sound.

The musette sound is not just obtained by tuning the reeds. It is also the nailing and screwing of the reeds to the reedblock that make it sound so rich with a lot of upper harmonics (overtones)

I have not (yet) translate my Accordion Guide in English but maybe you can check this video in French about the reedblocks and reedplates taken from my Guide Multimédia de l'Accordéon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTgL5vMGRpY

The mechanical coupling of the reedplate and the reedblock is very important in order to keep the energy. On waxed reeds, the energy is partly lost in the wax because it is too soft. The reedplate does move up and down in wax but not so when the reedplate is nailed or/and screwed to the reedblock.

Note that Cavagnolo use nails AND screws to fix the reedplates to reedblock.

Good luck with your Vedette 10.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    SwingJO Index du Forum -> Théorie et technique de l'instrument Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: